Friday, April 15, 2011

Much to Add Today....

I don't know about you but this week has flown by.......

I have been a busy bee this week at Patradashary thanks to customer orders! THANK YOU!!!!!

Also, I've been working on Boot Camp a business training project.   I need any of you who haven't already to please go to my Patradashary ArtFire Studio and LIKE my page.  Thanks!


I promised my hairdresser I would put a recipe out for cleaning jewelry.


My favorite to get from your Jeweler is Hagerty; they make one for silver and then one for silver, gold and gems.   


Here is one from a forum blog I read:
Misty O'Neal writes.......So for all of you who need to clean some sterling especially! Here is a safe and very effective way to do it. I use this all the time!


1. Take a pot of water and bring it to a light boil or simmer.
2. Line a bowl with aluminum or buy some of those cheap aluminum baking pans that are disposable.
3. Let the water sit for just a few minutes so it is not boiling or simmering anymore, but is still scalding hot.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of salt.
5. Pour water in bowl.
6. Add jewelry.
7. Let sit for about 15-20mins.
8. Once water has cooled enough (please do not burn yourself!) get your jewelry out.
9. Rinse with clean water thouroghly.
10. Dry with a soft cloth.

I have done this even on my sterling chain and components that needed some brightening and shine before incorporating into jewelry, and have also done it on finished jewelry to bring back the sparkle. My Mom's mothers bracelet I made for her, she left out and it was tarnished to the point I thought it was beyond saving. But this brought it back like NEW!

DISCLAIMER:
Now some people will say to not do this with antiqued beads as it will remove the finish. I have done this, and it did not. I have done this with pieces that involve gemstones, pearls, swarovskis, bali beads, etc. and never had ill results.

NOW... if for any strange reason you do this and it does something strange to your jewelry, well let me just say... do this at your discretion. All I can tell you is from my experience it never damaged any components.

Last week I mentioned several projects I have in process and some of you may know I have one posted, the Green Kazuri Bead Bracelet.

I am letting those of you who follow my blog see this design first!  I have dreamed about this design since last June, but the construction phase eluded me.  I decided this was the week to tackle it.  After much trial, error and fire....lol...with the quick heat transfer in the fine silver I had to submerse the resin beads in water while I soldered the fine silver; within 30 seconds I had water boiling through the resin beads and I had to back off the heat. There is never a dull moment in this line of work!

They did turn out exactly how I imagined them:

Cherry Pickers:


I'll be posting them on Etsy and ArtFire!
Best Regards,
Patricia

No comments: